Do you want to go to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe for free?
Think you could handle more than 100 hours of comedy in two weeks?
Then you may have what it takes to be an Edinburgh Comedy Award Panellist.
We are offering you the chance to join the judging panel for the Dave Edinburgh Comedy Awards, Britain's most important prize for comedy as it celebrates 40 years of discovering comedy genius. You will be deciding both the most outstanding original comedy act and the best newcomer comedy act at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
You need to be a regular visitor to live comedy and have bags of energy. You will be expected to see six shows a day; you'll be feeding back your opinions of what you've seen and contributing to official panel meetings and the process of finding the winners.
Michael Thomson from Edinburgh , one of our 2019 panellists, says of his experience:
'Being part of the Panel for the Dave Edinburgh Comedy Awards is the ultimate way to enjoy the festival for a live comedy fan in the UK. Getting to see behind the scenes of the process of whittling down hundreds of shows to a winner was a privilege in itself but to be included in the discussions and casting a vote for my favourites was a surreal and massively rewarding experience. The days are long but I enjoyed every minute of it and cannot recommend applying to be on the Panel enough.'
Tashi Radha from London, one of our 2018 public panellists, says of her experience:
'I watched about 120 shows during the festival and I saw so much great comedy. You get to see such a diverse range of acts from all across the wonderfully broad spectrum of comedy. It's a busy schedule and you eat, sleep and breathe comedy but that's what I loved about it! I got to meet some brilliant people and made some great friends. I feel incredibly lucky and proud to have been part of the Edinburgh Comedy Awards because it really celebrates outstanding comedy talent'.
Grainne Smith from Edinburgh, one of our 2019 panellists says of her experience:
'Being part of the 2019 panel for the Dave Edinburgh Comedy Awards offered the opportunity to experience the festival I have loved for so long in a whole new light. It was incredibly rewarding and a huge honour to represent comedy fans as a member of the public, contributing to the festival in a way I never had before. You'll meet amazing people, make great new friends and see as much comedy as you can fit into each day. It can make for long days and nights but if you love racing from show to show and soaking up everything the festival has to offer, then this your chance!'.
So show us your credentials. We are looking for real punters who know and care about comedy. You must be available to stay in Edinburgh from 13 - 27 August as a minimum but accommodation is available from 06 August. In return, the Dave Edinburgh Comedy Awards will provide you with accommodation, travel, show tickets and invitations to the best bars and parties in town!
HOW TO ENTER
1. Tell us in approx 350 words why you are the best candidate.
2. Write three short reviews, no more than 150 words each, of your three favourite live comedy acts.
3. Entries must reach us by 13th May 2022 at 12pm. If you are shortlisted, you will be required to attend an informal interview in London on 06th or 07th June. Travel expenses will be reimbursed (please provide your receipts at interview). Send your entry to email@example.com.
4. The winners will be announced in July.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entrants must be 18 or over and resident in the UK.
2. Entrants must be available full time and able to reside in Edinburgh from 13 - 27 August.
3. The competition is not open to employees of the Festival Fringe Society or anyone connected professionally with the comedy business.
4. The prize is a position on the Dave Edinburgh Comedy Awards judging panel for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2022. The winner must attend approximately six shows a day, possibly more, and provide short reviews for all shows attended.
5. Only one entry per person.
6. The winners will be chosen by the Award Director Nica Burns and Producer, Emma Brunjes, and the decision is final.
7. The prize is nontransferable. There will be no cash prize.
8. No responsibility will be taken for entries lost, delayed or incomplete.
9. All costs incurred by the winners other than travel and accommodation are at the winner's expense.